الثلاثاء، 27 ديسمبر 2011

Just A Dream


It was a dream.


The melody in my ears. It came from nowhere, yet from everywhere. The air caressing my cheeks and crystal motes flowed through the light mists. The floor was a vast expanse of marbled dark black with silver threads that twirled around my each step, the walls a creamy white. The ceilings reached to an eternity of black with the swirls of stars and moon dust.

I stood at the end of the ballroom, feeling out of place in my sweeping nightgown, my dark brown curls are a mess as usual, my eyes still heavy from sleep. My feet were bare, but I didn't feel cold. I watched as beautiful creatures danced to the music that no human hand could have played.

This has got to be a dream.

Suddenly, the music stopped. The dancers had cleared a path from where I stood to the other end of the room, where you had been watching me. As if pulled by forces unknown, I found myself taking a step, walking forward, my eyes trained only on you, too far away to see, yet too near for comfort. The closer I got to you, the harder my heart beat, the harder it was for me to breathe. And when at last, after a lifetime of waiting, I stood before you.

 The protectiveness in your eyes, the kindness of your smile, the caring in your look all invited me to lose all thoughts in my head. Your thick hair was short, rain-straight and night black, and fell to your temples with the softness of silk. And your eyes... your stormy ocean colored eyes were soft but powerful, framed by curled eyelashes. I had to struggle to bring air back into my lungs as I lost myself in those eyes.

You studied me too, and then you smiled a slow lazy smile, the effect of which was more devastating than your eyes. "You" you said, your voice surprised but soothing, drawing me forward through dreams, through mists, through time. "I have been waiting for you."…

The perfect story would have been to see you next morning out of the blue, and ta taa that lazy breathtaking smile –that it should be illegal- will cover your face as soon as your eyes meet mine.


But the truth is, it’s just a dream.


0 comments:

إرسال تعليق