الاثنين، 1 أبريل 2013

To khadija

Dear Baby,

   Yesterday, I officially became 24 years old, but you know what really astonished me - besides being 24 and a year short of being a quarter century alive?

It's that I'm still retaining my childlike innocence and excitement at all sorts of things, small and big. I kick through leaves in the autumn, jumping and spinning and laughing when they crackle. I still get wildly excited when it rains. I wake up every day, bouncing. I love dancing in the rain and watching  the sunrise.

And, it feels great and I can't wait to share it with you.

Oh God! How much I miss you! I think I lost count of the times I prayed to Allah for you to walk out of my dreams and into my life.

Oh baby, sweet Dija ♥...

I promise to love you ultimately without any kind of judging or accusation.

I promise to raise in your heart the love of Allah.

I promise to sometimes let you stay in your pjs all Friday and watch cartoons till late at night.

I promise to not let a day pass without telling you how incredible, beautiful, talented, sweet and lovely you are.

I promise to raise you to be strong and brave.

I promise to walk beside you and share your steps until the end of my days.

I promise to be there for you, no matter what.

I promise to keep my ranting to once a day and to never repeat the same rant twice in a 24 hour period.

I promise to respect your decisions and not invade your privacy.

I promise to choose a good daddy for you, and not accept any husband to escape my own life.

I promise you to prevent any lack in my character to seep into yours.

I promise to protect you from terrible things in life as much as I can.

 But, in case I failed, it'll be OK. Because I know that you won’t sit back and say ‘poor me’ looking for someone else to blame... you will keep fighting... 

I know it deep in my heart that you will just keep on fighting... After all, you are not me. =)


With Love, 

A mummy you 
haven't meet
 yet ♥

0 comments:

إرسال تعليق